During the summer there can be high temperatures and humidity. Humidity can create havoc with hair that is prone to the frizzies. Today there are many different ways that you can reduce the amount of frizz in your hair and even prevent it.
1. Use products with silicone. Silicone helps to coat and seal the cuticle thus eliminating any frizz. There are straightening creams, serums, and sprays that can be used before styling and after.
2. Blow dry hair with nozzle pointed down the hair shaft. When blow drying the hair make sure that the blow dryer is pointed downward along the hair shaft and cuticle. If you blow dry the hair with the dryer pointed upwards, it will disrupt the cuticle of the hair and cause frizziness.
3. Use a deep conditioner. Well conditioned hair is less likely to turn frizzy. Condition your hair every time you shower and use a deep conditioner at least once a month. The deep conditioner needs to be left on the hair for at least 30 minutes to be effective.
4. Drink plenty of water. The more hydrated your body is, the more hydrated your hair will be.
5. Avoid excess chemical treatments. The more you damage your hair with chemical treatments, the more prone it will be to frizziness. Try to extend the time between treatments or avoid them all together.