from wikiHow - The How to Manual That You Can Edit
At some point in time, everyone becomes tired of their hairstyle. Maybe you need a small change, maybe you are looking for a big change. Find out how to find hairstyles that will make you look your very best.
- Finding hairstyles used to be very cumbersome. You had to buy tons of women's magazines and then spend hours pouring thru them to find just the right style you are looking for. Some magazines are better than others, but it was still very time consuming.
- Now with the Internet, you can find hairstyles so much faster and even find places where you can try them on before you get your hair cut.
- Determine your face shape. Face shape is the pivotal factor in any good hairstyle. It is sort of like 'what size do you wear'. If you wear a size 8 pants, you wouldn't want to buy a size 10 pants or a size 6 pants, would you? The same goes for your hairstyle.
- To figure out what shape you are, pull all of your hair back off your face and stand in front of a mirror. Trace the outline of your face on the mirror with a bar of soap. Stand back and look at the shape you have drawn. There are 5 basic face shapes - oval, round, heart, diamond and square. And most face shapes are a combination of one of these 5.
- Determine your hair type. If you hair is super thin, you might not look good in a hairstyle that is suited for thicker hair. The rule of thumb is if you pull all your hair back into a ponytail and the distance around the ponytail is the size of a quarter or more--then you have thick hair. If the distance around the ponytail is the size of a dime, then you have thin hair.
- Start looking for hairstyles that work for your face shape. How can you tell if the face shape will work for your shape? Look at the face shape of the person modeling the hairstyle. You must also pay attention to the hair texture. Does the person have thick hair or thin hair. These will be important factors for determining if that hairstyle will work for you. Some great places to look for hairstyles include
- Hairstyles Galleries
- Celebrity Hair
- Hair Styles Resources
- Prom Hairstyles
- Hair Bangs
- Prom Hair Styles Show
- Mens Hair Styles
- Schedule a consultation appointment with a stylist. Some salons will offer a free consultation to discuss your proposed hairstyles. During the consultation you can bring in a copy of the hairstyle that you like and ask the stylist if he or she thinks it will work for you and your faceshape. The stylist is your best source of advice for finding a new hairstyle that looks good.
Hairstyles that are very popular today
- Another great option to changing your hairstyle without a drastic change is to add bangs. There are many different types of bangs that can be added to create a whole new look. If you aren't quite sure about cutting bangs (since it takes so long to grow them out) is to get some wispy side bangs. The length of the bang is just past your eyebrows and if you don't like the bang, they can simply be styled in with the rest of your hair.
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Find Hairstyles. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.